Grading Rubric for Transgenic Plant Project
Name of food/plant-5 pts: Scientific and common plant name______________
Background of development-10 pts:
- History of plant
- How it has been changed,
- What the change means for the plant function and human use,
- How change is acquired—specific genetic pathway.
- Market receptive?
- Environmental considerations?
Human/animal use-10 pts:
- How does this food affect humans/animals?
- What procedures are in place to test these affects and approve this food?
Overall appearance of pamphlet-15 pts:
- Clear organization
- Understandable language, graphics
- Useful graphics
- Mix of books/articles and electronic
Class presentation-10 pts:
- Demonstrate understanding of material
- Prepared to present and answer questions